Hello my sweet friend!
Allergies and seasonal irritations. Are you bothered by this or unaffected? Either way, at the very least I’m sure you know someone who is. Here are my top thoughts and tips on how to deal with it.
This Season Is Worse!
Apparently, this season is worse than others because of a mild winter, an earlier and longer growing period for plants which makes more pollen and mold. People who have never dealt with allergies before are dealing with it now.
After a lifetime of seasonal allergies plus allergies to cats, dogs, certain grasses, trees, etc., I finally eliminated them about 12 years ago when I really upped my game on my health. That is another story and you can message me about how I did that if you’d like.
They Came Back???
This spring, I started having glimpses of those seasonal allergies again. Wow! Shocker! I thought I had this handled, but it takes vigilance to stay healthy, doesn’t it?!
Allergies are directly related to gut health because the largest density of immune cells in the body is in the small intestine.
Make It Simple Please
I like to make things very simple, practical and doable, so here are my top 5 tips for dealing with allergies. A few during an episode for immediate relief and a few for longer term gut health that should generally improve allergy symptoms. Health can be complicated, so it is an ever vigilant process of using your intuition, knowing your body and continual learning.
Under The Tongue
1. For immediate relief: Keep Lavender essential oil and RC essential oil blend in your purse, at your desk, in the kitchen, and/or on your nightstand. (Use only Young Living oils. Others likely aren’t safe for ingestion or good enough to make a difference.)
Environment Triggers Behavior (my number 1 mantra). If the item isn’t in your view, you just won’t use it. Take steps to get it there. Outa sight. Outa mind.
When you start itching or sneezing or both, drop a drop of lavender oil under your tongue. I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it works! Then put a drop of RC in the palm of your hand. Give your palms a slight rub together in a circular, clockwise motion. Then cup your hands over your nose and mouth and take 5-6 good, deep breaths. You will feel much better!! Repeat as needed. You won’t overdo it. Seriously, you’re welcome! Over the counter allergy meds just are not good for us!
2. Daily, either put in a capsule or drop under your tongue, a drop or 2 of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint essential oil. I drop under my tongue daily because it’s easiest.
In The Tummy
3. Now as for gut health, which is the other piece of this puzzle, there are 3 key things I like. First is eating fermented food often. Things like kim chi, sauerkraut, kefir, and kombucha. Homemade is definitely better and more powerful. My favorite cookbook for this is called Nourishing Traditions. Every healthy home needs this book! This is the link on Amazon. If you want to purchase, Bubbies sauerkraut is known to be a good one and may be at your local grocery store.
4. The next item I like for gut health is raw milk. I know all the controversy and I don’t worry one whit about it. Find a good recommended farm near you to purchase it. Realmilk.com will give you locations all over the country. Milk-diet.com will succinctly explain why it is sooooooo good for your gut and how doctors everywhere used to prescribe it for many gut aliments. A fantastic book to read on most gut issues is The Makers Diet. All the awesome enzymes in milk are killed with homogenization and pasteurization. It’s just not worth drinking milk from the store at all. If you can purchase raw milk in stores in your state, count yourself highly blessed!
The Very Basic
5. The last item is always take a good probiotic daily. This is the most basic supplement everyone should be taking. I love Life 9 from Young Living. There are many out there. Choose a good one recommended from someone you trust.
Here is a link to all of the YL products I’ve talked about. Above links are for the individual item or item group. If you already have an account, just login and order. If you are brand new to this idea, the Starter Bundle is the best idea. It includes 12 small oils (including lemon, lavender and peppermint) a diffuser and other awesome samples plus entry into our private Facebook group and an awesome reference book mailed to you from me.
Have a wonderful week my friend and let me know if you have any questions!